Monday, May 14, 2012

Guest post! Welcome Mary Cunningham, author of the Cynthia's Attic series!


Real Friendship In Cynthia's Attic

Cynthia and I came into the world just three months apart.  We grew up on the same quiet, sycamore-lined street, our friendship as close as our houses.  Fifty years earlier, our grandmothers were best friends.  However, we didn't realize the extent of their friendship until after our experience in Cynthia's attic.  This is the story of one of our great adventures...the way I remember it.

Cynthia and I spent day after day playing in her attic, but, little did I know how much her friendship would mean decades later. We went all through school together, played with the neighborhood kids, and in high school, had slumber parties and double-dated. After graduation, we lost touch when she left for nursing school; a dream of hers from the time she could talk. Meanwhile, I got married, had a son, and moved about 500 times. (Okay, maybe not that many, but ‘nomadic’ feelings prevailed when the 9th moving van pulled up to the house!) 

But, before you start feeling sorry for me, the last move was the most rewarding because it brought me within an hour of where Cynthia has called home for more than fifteen years. My first priority (even before unpacking) was to make dinner plans. Our husbands marveled at the fact that Cynthia and I jabbered for four hours! Like we were six-years-old, again, still sitting on the floor of her attic playing with paper dolls and discovering magical treasures. 

Some friends drift in and out of your life and although you miss them, your life doesn't change without their presence, but, Cynthia and I took up right where we left off all those years ago. On a recent road trip, we covered almost sixty years of fun, friends and family. 

This brings me to one reason the series, "Cynthia's Attic," has been so satisfying to write. I've had the fun of chronicling the friendship between Cynthia and Gus (I'm point-of-view character, Gus) and honoring a lifelong friendship.


Cynthia's Attic: Legend of Lupin Woods (Book 5) 

Cynthia and Gus have solved a lot of mysteries across time, but something is seriously wrong and things are beginning to unravel.
Aunt Belle is missing…again! Cynthia’s great-grandfather, Beau, was never found! And now they are wondering if Blackie is still making life miserable for Lilly and Annie.
This time, the twelve-year-old girls journey into a strange woods full of frightening creatures and dark secrets in search of answers.
From Aunt Belle's cottage to a small village in France, they meet new friends and discover a connection to New Orleans that may lead to the devious source behind these alarming developments. Or bigger trouble.

Mary Cunningham, author, Cynthia's Attic Series



Visit My Blog Tour for more on The Legend of Lupin Woods!

The Missing Locket
The Magic Medallion
Curse of the Bayou
The Magician's Castle
Legend of Lupin Woods

 Bio: Like Cynthia and Gus, my childhood best friend, Cynthia and I grew up in a small, Southern Indiana town…the setting for the series. Not one summer day passed that we weren’t playing softball, hide and seek, badminton, or croquet  with friends in the vacant lot behind Becky’s house.
In my attempt to grow up, I joined The Georgia Reading Association, and the Carrollton Creative Writers Club. When giving my fingers a day away from the keyboard, I enjoy golf, swimming and exploring the mountains of West Georgia where I live with my husband and adopted furry, four-legged daughter, Lucy. Together we’ve raised three creative children and are thrilled with our 2 granddaughters.
At last count, I’ve moved 9 times to six different states (all after the age of 36), and aside from the packing and unpacking, it’s been a great experience, having made some very dear and lasting friendships. My non-writing time is spent showing power point presentations on gathering ideas and the writing process to schools and libraries.

Ebooks
Cynthia's Attic: The Magician's Castle - Amazon Link

YouTube code for video: Cynthia’s Attic Series

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Laura, for inviting Cynthia and Gus (and me!) to the Teashop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the best kinds of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candida, commonly known as Yeast is a type of Fungi, normally found in human body in small proportions. But the over growth of these yeasts will cause infection called as Candidacies. This infection normally affects the areas such as Skin, Throat, Blood, Mouth, and Genitals. To cure from this type of infection try Yeast Infection No More

    ReplyDelete