Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fun facts about my wedding

Readers, I got hitched. It was a lovely Friday night wedding at Madison's performing arts center. We had delicious food and cake, and the bride (that's me!) wore a princess-esque gown. I really enjoyed myself, but part of me is also glad it's over. I'm not a natural when it comes to event planning, and I kept having trouble falling asleep in the weeks leading up to the wedding for fear I was forgetting some crucial detail. Even though my husband and I were determined to be as laid-back and cool as possible about the whole business, we also wanted everyone coming in from out of town to be well-taken care of.

The good news is all the details came together and the weekend was great. Here are some fun facts about our big day:
1) I ate at Ian's pizza on State Street right before getting my hair and makeup done.
2) My wedding dress cost $99, yet weighed as much as a Hyundai. :-)
3) We had three flavors of cake: vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet.
4) Our wedding favors included lavender sachets and tea.
5) The morning of the big day, my husband and I slept in and used the hot tub at our apartment complex, prompting a discussion about how many couples have had said their vows whilst IN a hot tub. Our conclusion was that surely there had been several...today. On a related note, having an evening wedding is an awesome idea, because it means you can sleep in on your wedding day.
6) I felt I was exempt from most of the chores of adulthood the entire week before the wedding. For example, I don't think I flossed once. Hehe!
7) Even though I don't really like that trend where grooms and groomsmen wear Chuck Taylors instead of dress shoes, I was quite enthusiastic about having some photos taken of us in full wedding regalia and aviators.
8) Our roses were from Costco, and they were very nice. I bought a ton of clear glass vases from St. Vincent de Paul several weeks before the wedding, so at the end of the night the guests could take bouquets home with them.

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It sounds lovely. Wishing you and your husband many years of bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you! How about a wedding themed book? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your website, Excellent efforts. i find unique content here.

    Patriotic Lapel Pins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is really very interesting.......

    Kaplan Step 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this

    Our wedding favors included lavender sachets and tea.
    thanks
    sabrin
    http://proamericaoutsourcing.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!Nice to get to know, now I'm a moderator for one of her social networking sites with healthy content.Invites you to visit offline.
    - What about the family of a people Dòng Họ Người Việt
    - Huge trade center NEW VUI &
    - Entertainment Center Diễn Đàn Xổ Số - Lô Gan - Xổ Số Miền Bắc - Kết quả Xổ Số - Diễn Đàn Xổ Số Vui
    - University of reputation Cao đẳng nghề
    - Floors welcome Christmas music x3club

    Would be very happy if you visit the store offline. Wishing you happiness in life

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like the earlier commentators are usually best, That's very good, continue to keep it away I am checking meant for all of your the next web site! west africa gold exploration

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the question isn't to personal, how much do you think you spent on your wedding. Now a days people are trying to save money and it sounds like you found some creative ways to still have the wedding of your dreams and save money and although I know you don't usually write about that kind of thing it would be lovely if you wrote a post about it. I very much enjoyed this article. Thank you very much for writing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all told, it was around $7,500. A little more than I would have liked to have spent (I'm the ultimate cheapskate), but not too bad. :)

      Delete
  9. Jobs at your Home, Internet Online Jobs like data entry, copy pasting, Form Filling, Facebook Sharing Jobs, Clicking Jobs, Web Surfing, Google Jobs and Much More Earning Systems Online
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candida, commonly known as Yeast is a type of Fungi, normally found in human body in small proportions. But the over growth of these yeasts will cause infection called as Candidacies. This infection normally affects the areas such as Skin, Throat, Blood, Mouth, and Genitals. To cure from this type of infection try Yeast Infection No More

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just want to emphasize the good work on this , has excellent views and a clear vision of what you are looking for
    dentist kilgore tx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Submit your high-quality articles to reach masses and gain better credibility and high traffic to your website. Only submit original articles or reviews of high quality. Each article is thoroughly scanned to maintain quality for the readers. http://www.21articles.com/

    ReplyDelete