Readers, I got hitched. It was a lovely Friday night wedding at Madison's performing arts center. We had delicious food and cake, and the bride (that's me!) wore a princess-esque gown. I really enjoyed myself, but part of me is also glad it's over. I'm not a natural when it comes to event planning, and I kept having trouble falling asleep in the weeks leading up to the wedding for fear I was forgetting some crucial detail. Even though my husband and I were determined to be as laid-back and cool as possible about the whole business, we also wanted everyone coming in from out of town to be well-taken care of.
The good news is all the details came together and the weekend was great. Here are some fun facts about our big day:
1) I ate at Ian's pizza on State Street right before getting my hair and makeup done.
2) My wedding dress cost $99, yet weighed as much as a Hyundai. :-)
3) We had three flavors of cake: vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet.
4) Our wedding favors included lavender sachets and tea.
5) The morning of the big day, my husband and I slept in and used the hot tub at our apartment complex, prompting a discussion about how many couples have had said their vows whilst IN a hot tub. Our conclusion was that surely there had been several...today. On a related note, having an evening wedding is an awesome idea, because it means you can sleep in on your wedding day.
6) I felt I was exempt from most of the chores of adulthood the entire week before the wedding. For example, I don't think I flossed once. Hehe!
7) Even though I don't really like that trend where grooms and groomsmen wear Chuck Taylors instead of dress shoes, I was quite enthusiastic about having some photos taken of us in full wedding regalia and aviators.
8) Our roses were from Costco, and they were very nice. I bought a ton of clear glass vases from St. Vincent de Paul several weeks before the wedding, so at the end of the night the guests could take bouquets home with them.